Communiqué issued at the end of the 67th National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Today, Thursday, October 15, 2015
After thorough consideration of the report of the Senator Ike Ekweremadu-led Post Election Review Committee, the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) resolves as follows;
1. NEC adopted the recommendations of the Post Election Review Committee with amendments.
2. NEC approved the recommendation of the Post Election Review Committee that the party should seek its 2019 presidential candidate from the north of Nigeria to enhance its electoral chances.
3. NEC approved the biometric registration of members nationwide.
4. NEC approved that the party will support and fight for our candidates in the forthcoming governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa states.
5. NEC thanked the leaders, elected and appointed officials of the party and members nationwide for their commitment to the party, especially the progress of the National Working Committee (NWC) with regard to the rebuilding efforts.
6. NEC noted and commended the activities of the party’s publicity in its constructive and robust engagement of the ruling party and urged it to continue in that regard.
7. NEC assures that the PDP will continued to ensure credible, issue based-based opposition as well as strict adherence to democratic tenets and the supremacy of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
8. NEC reassures on the repositioning of the party to regain its preeminence in the polity and return to power at the center come 2019
Chief Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary