Press Release: Resolution Of The PDP National Working Committee (NWC) On The State Of The Party, At Its Meeting Of Wednesday, October 7, 2015
The National Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at its meeting, today, Wednesday, October 7, 2015 considered the report of the PDP Post-Election Review Committee and the general state of the party and resolved as follows;
- The NWC commends the Senator Ike Ekweremadu-led PDP Post-Election Review Committee for the successful review of the performance of the party in the 2015 general elections and the recommendations for effective rebuilding of the party to regain its preeminent position in national politics.
- The NWC accepts the report of the Post-Election Review Committee in good faith, including the noted mistakes and lapses of successive leadership organs of the party therein.
- The NWC resolves that the report and recommendations of the PDP Post-Election Review Committee will first be tabled before the National Caucus of the party on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 to kick-start onward consideration thereof.
- Furthermore, the NWC hereby announces the postponement of the rescheduled state congresses in Edo state. A new date will be announced in due course.
- The NWC affirms that the rebuilding process, which began with the inauguration of the Senator Ekweremadu-led Committee, is very much on course and urges all party members to remain committed to the course of returning the party to power at the center in 2019.
Chief Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary